Monday, November 17, 2014

I couldn't sleep so God took me to Ecclesiastes----WOW!!!

OK....the title might throw you off but I couldn't sleep this morning (day off---go figure!) so I got tired ( no pun) of rolling around in bed and decided to get up and get some good early study time in! And here I am in Ecclesiastes!!! I haven't been in this book for quite some time!! ( and for those who won't admit it, I did have to look it up to where it was!).
So I am reading in the first chapter and I got to verses 12 -18 and I started to pray about my priorities. I can get burden down by the ever changing "topics" of the day. The "emergencies" of daily life. The worries and troubles that we all walk through. Some of them are "big deals". Some are conformed to our present state of mind and/or spirit to be elevated to a higher emergency level in our daily walk.
Right then God was speaking to me about being so consumed by all of this stuff! I don't really take the time to spend with Him more during these busy days that I should. I don't look at it as a priority. I am spending to much time dealing with all of this stuff that I don't take a "spiritual time out" to gather my thoughts and emotions and fix my eyes on the One true Comforter.
I spoke about this in a past blog on how we should take the time everyday to recharge our spiritual batteries. I look at this busy holiday season that we all have and this is a real good time to "exercise our spiritual bodies" and make it a priority in these busy days! We have to say "No" when we become "overcome" by these things that come flooding into our lives.
Seeking wisdom and understanding in the Kingdom of God is a lot better than trying to get through this stuff on our own!
It is so amazing what God will speak to us when we make the time to spend with Him.
Now, what is God saying to you about your day??!!

(I got to get back to reading Eccl.!!! I don't think this is over yet!!)

God Bless!!

Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment