Sunday, November 9, 2014

Gravel, Weeds, and Good Soil

This is a new blog that I am doing to invite conversation about Sunday's message as well as what the Lord is revealing to us within our hearts and lives during the week. It will be exciting to hear from many within our fellowship as well as others in different parts of the world!! And, it will stir up inside us more desire to read the Word and Pray for discernment and understanding as we strive to grow in our daily walk in the obedience of Christ.

So, let's begin!!! This morning, Pastor Derek shared out of Matthew 13:18-23 in the Message version about what ground are we when the Lord speaks to us or gives us desires in our hearts. Do we start out full of energy and life or do we kinda drag our feet? Do we loose "steam" after a short time because things do not turn out the way we expect it to?

I know that many times, I find myself starting off great but after a while I loose momentum for one reason or another. Staying into the Word and a consistent prayer life helps. But do we keep the vision in front of us???

Derek went over a lot of stuff this morning but this is something that really spoke to me.

What do you think??

Paul

1 comment:

  1. This Sunday's sermon really inspired me to hear the word and put it into action, increasing my faith to believe that God is able.

    ReplyDelete