Saturday, December 6, 2014

Caught up in the moment!

ATTENTION!!!

I was reading Acts 1 when I came across verses 9-11 about the Ascension. I know this is the Christmas season and how could this relate to it but this is interesting to look at. Jesus had already told them that they would receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon them (v8) and after this, a cloud surrounded Him and carried Him up into the heavens. WOW!!!  What a sight that must have been!!! All eyes were on Jesus as He went up into the sky!!! Think about it. These guys had been through so much with Jesus. All the ups and downs, the cross, being raised from the dead, His appearance behind locked and closed doors, etc. Now He was leaving them and they had their eyes fixed on the moment!! How long did they stare?? Who knows!! Some versions list it as: gazing intently, straining their eyes, concentrating, etc. All their attention was on what had just happened and they were still looking for anything to keep them in the moment. 
But suddenly two angles appear and got them back into the "present". 
How many times do I find myself caught up in something that is "All God" and I want to stay in that moment even when things are going by me?? How about the times that aren't "Godly" and I find myself still in it? 
Just like those followers that day, Jesus told them that they had a lot to do ahead of them. It's nice to "re-live" those great moments that we all have but we still have to "snap out of it" and live in what is going on NOW!!! 
So is this time of the year. We all get caught up in the "natural" that we forget or loose sight of the opportunities that are all around us to share God's Love! 
As much as it would be neat to have a visit from and "angel", I would rather pay attention to what the Holy Spirit is saying to me and act upon it!

God Bless!

Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment