Friday, December 30, 2016

SOMETHING DIFFERENT FOR NEW YEARS

EPH. 4:24

                   It has been sometime since I last put together a blog. I have written a few articles on various topics but I will try to be more frequent in getting a new one out.
                   So here we are at the end of 2016!!   What a year!!  A lot has happened both good and bad but that all depends on who you talk to. One thing is for sure, our world is changing quickly all around us.
                    That brings me to today's thought. With the coming new year, we all make those "resolutions" that most of them won't last the full month of January and then we can't remember what they were in February!! So, I was praying one day and I thought that I really need to get back to a simpler pattern in my life.  OK, the list is long but I really don't want to mess with those "goals" that everyone else is making so I looked at my desk and I saw this scripture , Eph.4:24.  This section of the chapter is call, "Living a New Life".  It talks about taking the old self which is the natural human life and all of the natural world around us and putting on "the new man", the one that God created for each of us. 
                     In the Greek, putting on the new man is described as wrapping oneself with a coat. Think about when you get a new jacket and you put it on and it feels and looks good! It smells good and fits really well.  That's what we need to do.  We need to take on the "new coat" that God has given each of us. I don't care who you are or what you have done. God can change anyone. We just have to want it bad enough. 
                      How do we find what God wants for us?  We have His Word. We can pray. Those two things with the Holy Spirit can open the flood gates of Heaven and we begin to pursue the things of Christ rather then the things of the flesh!! We need to depend more on Him and not on our natural, dying self.  It begins with making a commitment to pray and read His Word everyday. To listen to His voice. To obey Him.  
                       That is the new resolution I need to make this coming year!!!  Sure, I could stand to loose a few pounds, be a better husband and father, be a better employee, etc.  But what I really need to do is to get back to basics and get closer to God.  That is the number one thing that needs to be at the top of my list.  My relationship with the Father is the most important thing on this earth for me.
                       The other things on my list, well, maybe they will work out to; with God's help! 
                       So, have a blessed and happy new year and lets get our "War Rooms" filled with the most important part first.......ourselves!!!

God Bless! 
Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment